We all know that smoking a cigarette is harmful to health. Cigarette smoking remains the number one cause of preventable disability and mortality in the United States. In the US, one in five deaths is due to smoking-related issues.
If you are a current smoker but have decided to quit smoking, then e-cigarettes might be a way out for you. Let’s delve into how e-cigs would help you quit smoking.
What are E-cigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes are battery-operated devices used for vaping purposes. Upon smoking, these cigarettes are capable of producing mist that can be inhaled into the lungs. It gives the smoker a feeling of smoking a regular cigarette. Teenagers and young adults form a sizable chunk of people who smoke e-cigarettes. Just like conventional cigarettes, e-cigarettes contain nicotine, whose amount differs from brand to brand. These e-cigs might also come in varied flavors and other chemical substances.
E-cigs employ an electric current or battery to heat the included liquid until it turns into vapor. E-cigs come in several forms and varieties, such as cigars, regular cigarettes, pipes, and even sleek electronic gadgets to attract young users.
Mods, cigalikes, eGos, and pens are some basic types of e-cigarettes. Freemax is a leading name in the world of vaping and e-cigs. It sells kits, tanks, coils, and other vaping accessories. You can find many innovative vaping products, learn more about synthetic nicotine here.
How to select the precise e-cigarette
You can choose from a plethora of e-cig devices. Choose an e-cigarette that can be recharged and comes with a refillable tank. This way, an e-cig dispenses nicotine more efficiently and quickly than a disposable device. A pod system, cigalike or vape pen is suitable for a light smoker. A mod or vape pen is ideal for a heavy smoker. Selecting the precise strength of e-liquid is also needed to satisfy your urges.
Evidenced-Based Research on E-cigarettes
The advent of e-cigs offered a world of possibilities to smokers who wanted to quit smoking in a subtle way rather than quitting cold turkey.
- Research studies show that only about 5% to 7% of smokers could quit smoking by turning cold turkey.
- As per a 2019 study conducted on 886 smokers, individuals who used e-cigs were more likely to quit regular smoking cigarettes. This number was double the number of people who employed medicinal replacements for nicotine like patches, gum, and other nicotine replacement methods.
- In a cancer research study funded by the UK, researchers analyzed data of 1155 people in an online survey. These respondents were smokers and ex-smokers who had quit smoking within a year before finishing the online survey. The respondents also included e-cigarette users.
- The study, published in the Addiction journal, concluded that people who smoked a refillable e-cigarette to stop smoking were five times more likely to sustain abstinence from smoking tobacco than those who did not employ any quitting aids. These research findings were in tandem with previous studies.
Benefits of using e-cigarettes to quit smoking
Now that you have decided to quit smoking, we bring you certain advantages of using e-cigarettes that will help you to stop smoking.
1. Offer True Smoking Sensation
Unlike other nicotine replacement therapies such as patches, sprays, or gums, e-cigarettes offer a realistic smoking experience. The smoking triggers associated with conventional tobacco smoking like inhaling and exhaling, nicotine delivery, and a throat hit are covered by e-cigarettes.
2. You can reduce or stop nicotine with e-cigs.
As a smoker, when you switch to vaping or e-cigs, you can slowly reduce the nicotine strengths until you get comfortable smoking no nicotine e-cigarettes. You can then quit smoking altogether or keep a zero-nicotine e-cigarette handy just in case.
3. Use of Zero Nicotine e-liquid
Using no nicotine e-liquid is a viable way to quit smoking. There are only two diluents and one flavoring agent in the e-liquid. If you do not change the flavoring of the e-liquid, you might find the transition from using nicotine-based e-liquid to zero nicotine e-liquid easier.
4. E-Cig customizations are available as per choice.
You can customize an e-cig as per your preferences. Customizations such as the vaping device, e-liquid flavoring, nicotine strengths, etc., can be perfected as per your liking. You can select an e-cig that is handy, low maintenance, and an e-liquid whose taste you love.
5. E-cigs contain lower levels of toxic chemicals.
Tobacco smoke contains tar or carbon monoxide. But, e-cigarettes do not produce these elements upon vaping. The e-liquid and its vapor do have some toxic substances. However, these elements are at much lower levels than those found in tobacco smoke.
The Bottom Line
Though e-cigarettes might be less harmful than regular tobacco-based cigarettes, they are not hundred percent safe. Moreover, there is a probability that people who choose to use e-cigarettes to quit smoking find it uphill to quit vaping. Furthermore, most of the substances used in the e-liquid are not regulated, and little is known about the safety or efficacy of these substances. E-cigarettes can be a better option for people who already smoke tobacco-based products. You can visit xomgiaitri
For more articles visit this website