Arched doorways have long been used for interior decoration and are quite popular. And if earlier they could be seen in the royal chambers and palaces, today such a decorative element is available to absolutely everyone. Modern designers offer a ton of options for arches that blend perfectly with both the traditional classic style and the ultra-modern loft door structures.
The arched structure has a rather graceful appearance and differs in many configurations. It does not matter what form this or that model will have, since they all consist of certain parts:
- Side racks;
- Decorative items (moldings, joints, etc.).
Given the design, the installation of any arch is carried out from the bottom up. On the sides of the opening, bars or a metal profile are mounted, after which the arch is prepared.
Materials for production
The choice of material plays the most important role in the buying process; problems such as wall incompatibility may arise:
- Solid wood arches are considered traditional. The price of the finished product depends on the type of wood (oak, pine, beech, etc.). Such models are very durable and practical, but they are completely unsuitable for “loose” walls or wet rooms.
- Arched structures made of fiberboard and chipboard perfectly bend and adjust their shape, so they can be used with various decorative coatings.
- Laminated MDF is considered a fairly budget option. The film imitates not only wood, but also metal or stone.
- Veneer is a durable and attractive material with a strong structure. It is made from noble woods, glued to an inexpensive base, due to which they are beautiful and affordable.
Types and forms of arches
Today there are many forms of interior arches that are able to bring to life the most unusual design solutions:
- Classic is a popular model that fits perfectly into any room. To install it, the ceiling height must be at least 100 inches. The vault is made in the form of a semicircle, and the arc has the correct radius without protrusions.
- Modern is different in that it is more direct. Such arches fit well into rooms with small ceilings.
- The portal is another popular variation that looks like a rectangular opening in the wall. They began to be used not so long ago, but they have already firmly entered the modern market.
- An ellipse is an oval-shaped arc. This type is ideal for rooms with low ceilings and wide openings.
- There are non-standard models in the form of a circle, a trapezoid and many others, but they are rarely used. The most demanded today are the classic arches and the portal due to their simple but modern design and quick installation.
In order for the interior arch to look beautiful, you need to take into account many points:
- Take measurements at several points in the opening before purchasing. By providing these parameters to a specialist, he will help you choose the best option.
- In almost all apartments, the walls are uneven. In this case, the thickness of the posts should correspond to the most convex place.
- Any installation begins with the preparation of the opening. If necessary, it must be expanded, leveled all the walls or discarded excess plaster.
- Choose your vault shape carefully. It should emphasize the advantages of the room and hide the flaws (poor lighting, low ceilings, etc.).
- It is better for the arch to match the color of the interior doors. The openings made in the same color scheme make the interior more harmonious and orderly.
When you solve a number of problems and decide on the shape and shade of the design, it will not be difficult for you to buy a suitable model. The specialists of the “Doors & More” company will always be happy to help you make the right choice!
For more valuable information visit this website