Body protection, such as a bulletproof vest, is something that all personnel must wear when serving or carrying out combat operations. It may disperse a bullet’s energy while protecting against explosive fragments. Such body armor stops the bullet, dampens it, and disperses its inertia, protecting human tissues from severe injury. To understand how the bullet vest works, you need to know its device.
Body Armor Device
Although there are many different styles of bulletproof vests, the majority of them have the same components, the most common of which are: chest and back parts, armor elements, or armor panels. With the use of shoulder and side detachable-adjusting tools and fasteners, the chest and back portions are joined to one another to create a suit of body armor.
The bulletproof vest may also have the following extra components in addition to its primary ones: a groin protection element, shoulder pads, a neck and shoulder pad, a collar, a climate shock-absorbing support, external covers, shoulder bolsters for carrying weapons comfortably, and transport and unloading systems for carrying military equipment.
In general, body armor’s chest and back parts protect the torso from shrapnel produced by the explosion of shells, mines, grenades, and edged weapons. These sections also have layered protective screens constructed of different ballistic materials. Protective screens constructed of ballistic materials are another addition.
The principle of operation of bulletproof vests
There are two primary types of bullet proof vests: concealed and exposed. The concealed armor is intended to be covered by clothes. Open vests are safety devices that may be worn over clothing.
● Hidden vests. The chest and stomach are primarily protected by these bulletproof vests. First and foremost, the focus is placed on the armor’s ability to blend in with clothes. It should also be light and allow for a full range of motion. When participating in combat operations or while serving in the military, body armor is worn underneath a shirt, jacket, or uniform. The body armor is classified as protection classes 1-2 and is mostly made of Kevlar-type material.
● Open vests. These types of bulletproof vests are made of a specific fabric and hard plates that slow down and neutralize projectiles. The impact force of a bullet when discharged is inversely proportional to its area. These vests, which are fastened with unique hardware, are worn over clothes. The torso is covered by the bulletproof vest, including the chest, stomach, and, in certain versions, the crotch. This plate and cloth combination offers dependable defense against knives, projectiles, and shrapnel.
The main properties of bulletproof vests
You should always investigate the location where you will be operating and the history of previous attacks before buying a Galls body armor. The kind and degree of protection of body armor will be determined by this. Therefore, the correct body armor from the Galls brand might potentially save your life. Check out the key characteristics of the military vest to make the best decision:
● excellent bullet resistance, so that at a dangerous moment he could protect his owner from a bullet, edged weapons, shell fragments;
● can be operated in difficult weather conditions – heat, cold, rain, strong wind;
● made from high-quality bulletproof materials;
● class 1 and 2 armor is made of soft materials that fit the body, both versions have a significant area of protection, and are comfortable to wear; class 5 models are made of rigid materials, they do not fit the body, they protect only the chest and back.