We’ve all been there. You wake up in the morning, grab your phone to check notifications, and bam—you’re inundated with spam calls. From 615-236-8788 to 16152368788, it seems like you can’t get rid of them no matter what you do. But why is this happening, and what can you do about it? In this blog post, we take a look at the growing issue of robocalling and explore some ways for you to address this issue and protect yourself from scam callers. Read on to learn more about how to keep your phone safe from these unwanted intrusions.
What are robocalls and why are they dangerous?
Robocalls are pre-recorded telemarketing calls that are made using an autodialer. They are dangerous because they can be used to scam people out of their money. Additionally, 615-236-8788 robocalls can be very annoying and disruptive, especially if they are received in large numbers.
How to recognize a robocaller
If you receive a call from an unknown number and the caller ID says “Scam Likely” or “Unknown Number,” 615-236-8788 that’s a good indication that it’s a robocall. Other clues that it might be a robocall include:
-The call is automated, with a recorded message
-You’re asked to press a button to be connected to a live operator or to opt out of future calls
-The caller offers free gifts, money, or prizes
-You’re asked to provide personal information
If you think you might be speaking to a robocaller, 615-236-8788 there are a few things you can do:
-Hang up immediately. If you stay on the line, even just for a moment, it confirms your number is active and you may get more unwanted calls in the future.
-Do not press any buttons. If you press a button (even if it’s just to hear more about the offer), it tells the robocaller that your number is active and working. You may then get more unwanted calls.
-Block the number. This will stop future calls from getting through. On iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts > Add New and enter the number. On Android, open contacts > touch and hold on the number > Block Contact.
What to do if you receive a robocall
If you get a robocall, hang up immediately. Do not press any buttons to try to stop the call or talk to a live person. These are scams designed to keep you on the phone so they can charge you for the call. If you have caller ID, check to see if the number is blocked or spoofed. If it is, do not answer. You can also report the call to the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phonesscam-calls#report
How to protect yourself from robocalls
Robocalls are becoming more and more common, and they can be a nuisance. Here are some tips on how to protect yourself from robocalls:
• Do not answer calls from unfamiliar numbers. If you do not recognize the number, let the call go to voicemail.
• Do not give out personal information such as your Social Security number or bank account information to someone who calls you unsolicited.
• Be suspicious of offers that sound too good to be true.615-236-8788 If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
• Hang up if the caller asks you to hit a button to stop getting calls or offers additional services. These are likely scams.
• Sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry which will stop most telemarketers from calling you. You can register your phone number for free at donotcall.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222 from the phone you want to register.
• Consider installing call blocker software on your phone to screen calls and protect your privacy.
Robocalls are a serious and growing problem in the modern age, making it important to know how to recognize them. As we saw with 615-236-8788 and 16152368788, these numbers can be used by robocalls to harass unsuspecting victims. The best way to protect yourself is knowledge; if you receive any calls from unfamiliar or suspicious numbers, do your research before answering. 615-236-8788 Keeping this information close at hand can help ensure that you don’t become another victim of robocalling scams.