The changing economic scenario across the world has put lots of pressure on employees. Their job roles are increasingly becoming demanding and hence they are under constant pressure to develop their skill-sets.
Therefore an enhanced number of people, today, are opting to study Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). But what is PGDM? How is it different from MBA?
What is PGDM?
The acronym PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management and it equips students with competencies that will enable them to manage the ever-evolving market dynamics across the world. It will bestow you with multiple transferable skills and will broaden your perspective vis-a-vis varied industries, global practices, management & leadership. This course will offer you competencies in strategic and critical thinking, thus equipping you with proficiencies to handle leadership roles.
How is it different from MBA?
Universities under University Grants Commission (UGC) offer MBA programs. While under the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), private and autonomous B-schools, conduct PGDM courses. Both AICTE and UGC are equally recognized, implying that MBA and Diploma in Management hold the same value.
Who Can Take the PGDM Course?
- PGDMaccepts only those students who have passed Bachelor’s degree in any course with minimum 50% marks.
- Besides this, to get admission, you will need to clear the entrance exams followed by a group discussion and interview round.
Besides this, working professionals, irrespective of career stage, can also enhance their careers and gain skills to manage businesses as well as handle leadership roles by studying Postgraduate Diploma in Management.
Studying PGDM course will boost your career by adding skills in the following manner:
- Develops personality and enhances career opportunities: PGDM course assists students academically and facilitates the development of their personality through enhanced communication skills, decision-making skills, reasoning skills & leadership skills. Besides this it offers you competencies in facing and overcoming any challenges on the work front, thus offering to further your career.
- Networking: You will realize the importance of developing connections with professionals from varied verticals, industries, and sectors since they will support you in your professional life and even offer you guidance.
- Develop management skills: You will gain leadership, as well as management capabilities that will assist in planning, managing teams, project management, and the making, of informed decisions basis analytical thinking while at the same time keeping in mind social, economic, and ethical implications. These capabilities will propel you up the career ladder.
- Enhanced Employability: PGDM course offers you an understanding of multiple disciplines including finance, management, marketing, and human resources besides business knowledge so as to inculcate in your capabilities to not only manage the ever-evolving requirements of the industry but also compete on the global platform. This will not only increase your demand in the employment market but also enhance your remuneration.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management:
Students must study post-graduate diploma in management from a college that offers the following:
- The college must offer a two-year industry-oriented program that must have been approved by AICTE.
- The curriculum must encourage students to be innovative and free-thinking individuals and must work towards making a positive impact in the corporate world.
- The college must ensure experiential learning by exposing students to diverse perspectives.
- The curriculum offered must be comprehensive and should be as per the evolving market situations. It must offer specializations in Entrepreneurship, startup and family businesses, Digital Business and e-commerce, Business Analytics & Data Sciences, and marketing & communication.
- The college must be such that offers startup support both in terms of mentoring as well as funding.
For more valuable information visit this website